A field trip is always a fun-filled outing for children. It is natural that in the middle of all the excitement, the kids may miss out on a thing or two. The parents should take care of certain matters to ensure that the entire trip goes by smoothly without any hiccups.
At Gurukul World School, the best school in Mohali, we aim to shape students that not only excel at studies but are overall achievers in every field and give utmost importance to outdoor learning.
Here are the key pointers that should be taken into consideration while preparing your child for a field trip:
- Pack a Night Before: Make sure that you have packed the bags a night before. You can also make a checklist to ensure you don’t miss out on anything.
- Give Your Contact Information: Make a cue card with your contact details written on it for your child.
- Talk to Your Child: Make sure your child is ready to leave the house by himself and understands the responsibilities.
- Choose the Right Clothes: See if the clothes your child wants to wear are travel-friendly or not. Select something comfortable to wear for the journey.
- Precautions: Since you won’t be around to take care of your kid, make sure to take these precautionary measures:
- If your child has any allergies, inform the chaperons.
- Pack a mosquito repellent cream.
- Pack a first-aid kit with all the essentials.
- Ask the school authorities for the itinerary of the field trip.
- Discuss the transportation plans, how far the destination is, the mode of traveling, etc.
- Pack a fresh homemade lunch for your child for the journey.
- Ask for the contact information of the chaperon.
- Ensure that your child takes proper sleep the night before leaving for the field trip.
It is of utmost importance to make certain that even when far away from home, the kids are sound and safe. At Gurukul World School, the best Mohali CBSE school, the safety of the students is our top priority, and thus we try to work together with parents to attain it.